Tuesday, August 2, 2011

6.1 The Place of Ignorance

You are here I would hope because you do want to know something about God.. something that's true and just might have significance for your life.. Pain suffering and death are an unfortunate but real part of life.. A lot of the great religious an philosophical theories about life are aimed at addressing the question of how to live through such events successfully.. or perhaps with the least negative outcome. I have had my fair share.. but I still count myself to be very fortunate.

When we plug God (creator of everything) into the picture we are faced with a conundrum.. By definition God is 'all' powerful.. but is God love and goodness? Why all the pain and suffering? If religion is so great why do religious people have such a bad reputation often being the very cause of pain suffering and death? Well as in science the best answer is the simplest.. one word.. SOVEREIGNTY.. your ability to choose.. we are the teenager who has been given the car keys.

Let me now give you what I think is the greatest statement ever written.. it is in the bible.

Jeremiah  9:23,24 "This is what the Lord says:
Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom
or the strong man boast of his strength
or the rich man boast of his riches
but let him who boasts boast about this
that he understands and knows me,
that I am the Lord who exercises kindness,
justice and righteousness on earth,
for in these I delight, declares the Lord."

All I can say about this is for me personally it has been true.. it is the most incredible open invitation by God himself to get on the inside.. to know deep truth about God.. 'the secrets of the kingdom of God'. This is not a general truth that I may prove to you.. its only available as personal truth.. its your choice whether or not to take the journey.

Have a very good day

No comments:

Post a Comment