Tuesday, August 2, 2011

7.6 The Trouble with God

The fact is you are going to have 'trouble with God' whoever you are and whatever your point of view. I would suggest it is precisely because he is real and actually does interact with us all, in some way at some level and often, that we have a problem. My answer.. turn it into a solution.. have a serious talk with the guy.. read his book.

A couple of times I have 'demanded' something from 'almighty' God.. once it was my kids lost cat.. after her sister died we move across town.. Bindy was waiting when I went back. More recently I demanded (public prayer) some fine weather for a kids event we had put heaps of work into and the forecast was rain. The weather was perfect.. cloud but no rain.. an hour later dropping off sound gear.. I got soaked in a huge downpour.. laugh.. yes I got it. You don't have to get any of this.. your life is your journey.. I am hopefully connecting a few dots for you.

Concerning our 'inner' evil.. its like this..

Eccl 8:11 "Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil"

The claim of JUST means God MUST punish evil..  our law reflects that.

The rape and murder of the Indian girl on a bus.. caused a nationwide outcry against their legal system's failure to sentence speedily. They took years with little prospect of justice.. leading to a sub-culture of 'its ok'! This is a 2012 example of the TRUTH of Solomon's words..

Heb 12:10 "Our human fathers punished us for a short time, as it seemed right to them; but God does it for our own good.."

I can tell you this.. he does it.. but you will not 'get it'.. if you don't know who he is.. and you'll never understand whats going on.. like John Cleese waving his umbrella at the God he doesn't believe in.

Have a great day

No comments:

Post a Comment