Tuesday, August 2, 2011

7.5 The Trouble with God

I apologize for the cryptic, serious nature of all this.. I think I am talking to myself when I was 20 and had all these questions.. (while battling to stay clear of religious extremists). I was pleased to discover that Jesus.. the God-Man who changed history was not very 'religious' either. He blasted religious hypocrisy, separated culture and tradition from truth and showed what Jewish Law really meant. So I didn't need to wear a cassock! Then in 1999 our eldest daughter joined just such an extreme religious cult while traveling in E Germany.. that was hell.. I quit work.. (oh for a flux capacitor and a Delorian)! I could have killed that guy.. really!

I hope by now there isn't anyone here who 'shouldn't' be here.. knowledge brings accountability.. if you get seriously into this you just might have to go through your own hell. Approaching God is very risky.. even dangerous.. and it will cost you.. everything.

So far we have a real God who actually created the whole universe.. he is infinite.. non material.. outside time and space.. and absolute in truth and justice.. implying accountability. Don't fight that.. you will lose. If your having difficulty but want to proceed.. a simple rule.. RESPECT your concept of God.. (who you would like God to be).. READ the bible and listen.. (some HUMILITY required).. its not what you read.. but what you hear!

Solomon said.. "After all this, there is only one thing to say; Have reverence for God and obey his commands, because this is all that man was created for." (Eccl 12:13). The highly motivated leader and apostle, Paul of Tarsus said.. "aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands" 1 Thess 4:11. My advice.. talk to God about getting closer than this..

So now remains.. his silence.. why?

The one word sermon is HOLINESS.. which no one understands, so I need a substitute.. POWER.. close enough.

He lives in a 10^10,000 MeV plasma ark.. analogous to "dwells in unapproachable light".. thats <physically - morally - spiritually>. He doesn't plan to hurt.. but its no place for an Indiana Jones. Must move on.

Be at peace today

No comments:

Post a Comment